Happy New Year! With families looking for a fresh start once the COVID-19 pandemic dies down and moving becomes practical, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021’s Best & Worst States to Raise a Family.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 52 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in New York (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 7th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 26th – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 16th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 5th – Share of Uninsured Children
- 6th – Property Crimes per Capita