Today, Representative Rice announced that $1,133,250 in Assistance to Firefighters Grants Program funding via the Department of Homeland Security has been awarded to local fire departments in New York’s Fourth District.
“I am pleased to announce this vital funding for our local fire departments here in NY-04,” said Rep. Kathleen Rice. “I am proud to have brought back millions of dollars of support for our volunteer driven fire districts on Long Island during my four terms in Congress. This new funding reduces local property taxes while providing new radios, equipment, and upgraded PPE, all potentially life saving investments for our volunteer firefighters who put their lives on the line every time they suit up.”
Rep. Rice supported requests from every fire department that submitted grant applications to the AFG Program with the following being awarded:
- $75,000 for Self Contained Breathing Apparatus System and Fill Washer for the Bellerose Terrace Fire Department
- $76,250 for Building Alarms for the East Williston Fire Department
- $202,000 for New Radios for the Garden City Park Fire Department
- $169,000 for New Radios for the Lawrence/Cedarhurst Fire Department$201,000 for New Radios for the Valley Stream Fire Department
- $410,000 for Self Contained Breathing Apparatus System and other PPE for East Williston and Williston Park Fire Departments
“Together with our federal partners and local stakeholders, Grant-Guys was proud to produce these successful projects along with Rep. Rice’s support. The federal fire grant program brings federal dollars back to NYS, improves firefighter safety, and reduces the local tax burden,” said Tom Devaney, the Director of Mineola based Grant-Guys Inc., which prepared and advanced the applications for each awarded grant in NY-04.