Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state’s progress combating COVID-19.
“As we reach this milestone of 85 percent of New Yorkers with at least one dose, we are one step closer to finally putting an end to this pandemic and getting our lives back to normal,” Governor Hochul said. “While this is a momentous achievement, we still have communities lagging behind in vaccinations. The most important thing is getting vaccinated if you’re in a high risk setting or immunocompromised. I urge all New Yorkers to get vaccinated to keep yourselves and those around you safe.”
Today’s data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported – 229,231
- Total Positive – 5,654
- Percent Positive – 2.47%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 3.13%
- Patient Hospitalization – 2,175 (-74)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 269
- Patients in ICU – 474 (-36)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 263 (-23)
- Total Discharges – 202,857 (+325)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 42
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 44,802
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 57,047
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 25,777,293
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 65,545
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 497,856
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 82.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 74.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 72.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 64.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 69.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 62.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 85%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 76.2%
Yesterday, 5,654 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total to 244,814. Yesterday, 42 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19.
All New York State mass vaccination sites are open to eligible New Yorkers for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve basis. People may also contact their local health department, pharmacy, doctor or hospital to schedule appointments where vaccines are available.
Yesterday, 18,830 New Yorkers received their first vaccine dose, and 20,434 completed their vaccine series.