With the unemployment rate at 6.7% due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021’s Best Places to Find a Job.
To determine the strongest local job markets in the U.S., WalletHub compared more than 180 cities across 32 key metrics. The data set ranges from job opportunities to employment growth to monthly average starting salary.
Finding Work in New York (1=Best; 91=Avg.):
- 173rd – Job Opportunities
- 113th – Employment Growth
- 157th – Unemployment Rate
- 171st – Industry Variety
- 1st – Monthly Average Starting Salary
- 72nd – % of Workforce Living in Poverty
- 177th – Median Annual Income*
- 182nd – Housing Affordability
- 181st – Avg. Work & Commute Time
- 55th – Avg. COVID-19 Weekly Cases per Capita
*Adjusted for cost of living