Sheriff Errol D. Toulon, Jr. announced that visiting will resume on Tuesday, June 30th at the Suffolk County correctional facilities in Riverhead and Yaphank. Visits will be non-contact and everyone will be required to wear a face covering upon entry. Visitors will also be required to have their body temperature taken upon arrival at the facility.
“Throughout this pandemic, and with careful planning, we have been able to control the spread of COVID-19 inside the Suffolk County Correctional Facility. On June 30th we will resume visits with certain protections in place to ensure everyone’s safety,” stated Sheriff Toulon.
Non-contact visiting will take place under the following rules:
- Visits will be 30 minutes, non-contact, and by reservation only. No walk-ins.
- Visitors must bring and wear face coverings at all times.
- Visitors not of the same household must maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- Visitors not of the same household will not be permitted to visit the inmate at the same time.
- Any visitor with symptoms of COVID-19 or potential exposure to COVID-19 should not enter the facility.
Anyone wishing to make a visitation appointment may call the Riverhead Jail at (631) 852-1893 or the Yaphank Jail at (631) 852-1894.