With states taking actions such as closing bars and restaurants or banning large gatherings to fight the spread of the coronavirus, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on the Most Aggressive States Against the Coronavirus as well as accompanying videos.
To identify which states are taking the largest actions to combat coronavirus, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 35 key metrics. The data set ranges from tested cases of COVID-19 per capita and state legislation on the pandemic to the uninsured population and share of the workforce in affected industries. Below, you can see highlights from WalletHub’s report.
Aggressiveness Against the Coronavirus in New York (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 9th – Tested Cases of COVID-19 per Capita
- 12th – Share of Workers with Access to Paid Sick Leave
- 6th – Public Healthcare Spending per Capita
- 9th – Epidemiology Workforce per Capita
- 22nd – Hospital Beds per Capita
- 11th – At Risk Population – Chronically Ill
Note: Rankings reflect data available as of 5 p.m. ET on March 18, 2020.
For the full report, please visit: